Sean Connery Rode Out Hurricane Dorian At Bahamas Mansion

Sean Connery Rode Out Hurricane Dorian At Bahamas Mansion
Credit: Source meaww.com

Actor Sean Connery is letting fans know he is just fine after riding out Hurricane Dorian at his Bahamas mansion.

Connery and his wife, painter Micheline Roquebrune, spoke with Scottish Daily Mirror after hunkering down for days to survive the disastrous hurricane. The 89-year-old is counting his lucky stars the damage was not worse for the couple, especially considering the devastation done in the Bahamas.

"We are both fine. We were lucky compared to many others, and the damage here was not great. We had been prepared for the storm. Everything was ready in advance. We weren't taking any chances and knew what to do," Connery revealed.

The actor celebrated his birthday last Sunday on the island, as he and Roquebrune waited to see what Dorian had in store for them. Connery knows the couple is fortunate to have had their home sustain little damage.

"It's very unusual for 20 percent of the population of a country to be very severely impacted by a single event like this. The Bahamas has certainly never seen anything on the scale a disaster of such epic proportions on a single country in a single incident is very, very unusual," United Nations relief chief Mark Lowcock said in a statement.

The James Bond star moved to the Bahamas in the 1990s. He has a mansion in Lyford Cay in an exclusive gated community about 90 miles Great Abaco, where significant damage was done.

Although the death toll is currently at 30, the number is expected to rise exponentially after all the damage is assessed.

"The public needs to prepare for unimaginable information about the death toll and the human suffering. Make no bones about it. The numbers will be far higher. It's just a matter of retrieving those bodies, making sure we understand how they died. It seems like we are splitting hairs, but not everyone who died, died in the storm," Health Minister Dr. Duane Sands told Guardian Radio 96.9 FM.

Sean Connery and his wife survived Hurricane Dorian after riding out the storm in their Bahamas mansion. It is great news to hear the talented actor is ok.

However, many are not nearly as lucky as the Hollywood star. The hurricane has destroyed the Bahamas. It is going to be a long road back for the people of those islands.

There are reports the actor is opening up his mansion to help those that have been displaced but there is no confirmation.

Read more about

Advertisement

You may also like