According to a report from Too Fab, Malone recently revealed that he and Mac Miller had intentions to collaborate on an album together before he tragically passed away from an accidental overdose.
During a conversation with Zane Lowe on Beats 1 Radio this past Friday, the singer detailed an experience he had not long after the sudden death of the Swimming rapper. The rapper said that he and his friends were at an Airbnb in Los Angeles and one of their TVs suddenly switched on and they couldn’t turn it off.
The “Congratulations” singer claims they tried disconnecting it and everything, however, it turned back on. “This is weird,” the rapper claims he thought, “it gives me chills, I don’t know.” As it was noted above, Mac and Malone discussed working on a project together as well.
Post, who was born in New York but grew up in Texas, stated that he and Mac were playing beer pong one evening and they suddenly had the idea to create a joint-record. “Then we were coming up with names,” the star remarked to Zane Lowe.
Describing Mac’s character, Post said that he was a “genuine human being” as well as honest and incredible. Speaking on the origin of their relationship, the rapper said that Mac was the very first artist who seemed to understand where he was coming from and what he wanted to accomplish.
As it was previously reported, Mac Miller passed away last September at 26-years-old in his San Fernando Valley home. The rapper was pronounced dead when the emergency personnel arrived. Following his death, Post, and many other significant artists paid tribute to him.
It was revealed earlier in the week that the man who supplied Mac with drugs was arrested by the police. The 28-year-old man, Cameron James Pettit, was apprehended by the authorities on Wednesday for supplying the Swimming rapper with fentanyl-laced drugs, designed to appear as Oxycodone pills.
TMZ, who obtained the 42-page criminal complaint, stated that Miller asked the 28-year-old for “percs,” which is the street-name for Percocet. Pettit gave him the counterfeit pills instead which ultimately led to his death.