Tory Lanez reportedly pled not guilty to felony assault and a weapons charge related to Megan Thee Stallion. The LA DA’s Office confirmed that the performing artist pled not guilty in a court of law on the 18th of November, Wednesday, through his attorney.
Vibe says Tory, whose real name is Daystar Peterson, didn’t actually go to court, where he has been charged with a felony count of assault with a semiautomatic firearm, in addition to carrying a loaded – and also unregistered – gun.
The 28-year-old has repeatedly denied ever having shot the 26-year-old artist, Megan Thee Stallion, and if he is convicted for the crimes, Lanez could wind up serving more than 22 years in a penitentiary.
The case has been in the news media repeatedly over the last few months, however, over the last couple of days, Megan’s story has been reiterated again in GQ Magazine. The star did an interview in which she claimed Tory had even “begged” her not to tell on him, including offers of money and more.
Megan said to the reporters that she was really “scared” because it was right in the middle of all of the protesting. A lawyer working for Tory denied the allegation with a written statement, whereas Tory appeared to deny it by tweeting a picture of a baseball cap.
He wrote in another tweet that he wished her all the best. As it was previously reported, Tory apparently fired gunshots at Megan Thee Stallion’s feet after a pool party one evening. Megan and Tory had been fighting over Kylie Jenner, sources stated.
Furthermore, insiders shared that Tory had supposedly yelled “dance b*tch,” while he fired shots off at her feet. The reports led to Tory’s ostracization in the music industry, with many of his former friends and collaborators distancing themselves from him.
Kehlani was one of the first artists to say they wouldn’t be including his bars during the music video for one of the songs they had done together. Jojo, as well, announced her collaboration would be removed from her upcoming record.