Disney is not just a successful franchise among children, but also a fashion inspiration as it seems. Of course, some outfits might be a coincidence, but they’re too similar not to notice them.
- Kim Kardashian. When she released her recent perfume, she wore a combination of purple and orange, choosing a sexy look. However, the combination between the two colos, the gold tassel belt and the dark hair reminded us of Esmeralda from “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”.
- Lupita Nyong’o. Another actress that made us remember a Disney film is Lupita Nyong’o, who at an important even wore a pale blue dress that contrasted lovely with her dark skin. The gown, made by Gucci, reminded us of Princess Tiana, the character from the Disney production “The Princess and the Frog”.
- Jennifer Lawrence. Usually the actress amazes us with great dresses, but it seems that many fans were rather disappointed with the choice she made for the 2014 Golden Globes event. The Dior gown was white with some black belts on it, which reminded us of the Little Mermaid when she was dressed in some rags and ropes.
- Sandra Lee’s presence at the Met Gala was another interesting example of how Disney can inspire fashion creators. The dress the star wore at the event resembled (or tried to resemble) the silvery outfit present in Cinderella.
- Katie Holmes. The actress didn’t go unnoticed at the Met Gala this year, as she also chose a princess look. She emulated Belle from “The Beauty and the Beast” through an impressive yellow gown made by Marchesa. However, the dress was not as spectacular as she might have thought, and many fans criticized it for the negligent look.
All in all, maybe it’s not such a bad idea for you to get some inspiration from fairytales next time you have an event!