The Third Time's The Charm? - Spokesperson For Melania Trump Responds To Second Plagiarism Claim
Melania Trump is in trouble again for plagiarism. Following the announcement of her children-focused campaign, Be Best, the former model was accused by political pundits of pulling some of the text from a booklet released under the Obama administration.
In a statement released on Twitter on the 8th of May, Tuesday, Stephanie Grisham, the communications director, stated that the accusations were without merit.
Sources close to the administration told us, "It's been really hard for Melania to deal with the onslaught of criticism, mostly because everyone in the political sphere dislikes her husband so much."
"Some of the criticism directed toward her is basically run-off from the words thrown at her husband, but she's beginning to get used to it."
As for the speech, Stephanie Grisham said the claims against her were "baseless accusations" and Melania's office is devoted to children regardless of what the nay-sayers say.
The 48-year-old wife of Donald Trump said during her address on Monday that her new campaign would focus on three different things: opioid use, social media, and the general well-being of kids.
As it was previously reported, this isn't the first time the Slovenia native has been accused of plagiarizing someone's speech, as back in 2016, she suffered similar allegations.
According to reports, Melania's speech had a paragraph that was nearly identical to one given by Obama during the 2008 Democratic National Convention. Meredith McIver took responsibility for the charges at a later date and apologized for the "confusion and hysteria" she might've caused.
As you may know, Melania and Donald might go down in history as one of the most widely reviled president and first lady combinations in United States history. Ever since the beginning of his campaign for the presidency, Trump has been a contentious figure.