R. Kelly Announces International Tour Then Deletes The Tweet Following Abrupt Backlash

R. Kelly Announces International Tour Then Deletes The Tweet Following Abrupt Backlash
Credit: Source: ChicagoTribune.com

According to a report from CBSNews.com, R & B singer, R. Kelly, announced his intention to go on tour on Tuesday, but then had to back down following a precipitous backlash from public officials and citizens in a couple of different countries.

Kelly, who has been accused of assault, rape, and harassment by several women in the last few years, hasn't said anything else since he announced that he was going on tour in Australia, New Zealand, as well as in Sri Lanka.

When the celebrity said he was going on tour, R. Kelly quickly deleted the tweets after people began complaining online. One person, in particular, said they were the father of four young girls, and didn't want a "dirtbag" like him anywhere near his country or his family.

As it was previously reported, R. Kelly's situation became dire following the release of the dynamite docu-series released on Lifetime titled Surviving R. Kelly. The new docu-series led to a nationwide backlash in which many former collaborators even took a moral stand.

Among those individuals includes Chance The Rapper, John Legend, Chrissy Teigen, and many others. Lady Gaga even deleted her collaborations with the R & B legend as well from all of the major platforms in solidarity with his supposed victims.

Furthermore, R. Kelly was dropped by his record label, Sony Records, however, the likelihood that Sony dropped such a profitable musical artist is quite unlikely - a fact echoed by some social media users online. Some have stated there must be a way that the record company still profits from his music, although, this hasn't been substantiated.

On the 1st of January, R. Kelly celebrated his first single in a long time in the same month as his 52nd birthday. In the tweet, Mr. Kelly posted an image in which he referred to himself as the "King of R&B."

Despite the massive public outcry against the controversial singer, no new criminal charges have been levied against him. Moreover, the police have supposedly spoken with him on a number of different occasions as well as the supposed victims and they found no evidence of any wrongdoing.

Some on social media have suggested that the docu-series, Surviving R. Kelly , may have doctored footage to incriminate the R & B singer.

It wouldn't be the first time that a documentary has been criticized for creating false narratives. Currently, Lieutenant Andrew Colborn is suing Netflix and the makers of Making A Murderer for making him look like he framed Steven Avery.

Read more about

Advertisement

You may also like