Prince Harry and Meghan Markle moved into their Los Angeles mansion back in March with their one-year-old son Archie Harrison. But, it turns out that the property isn’t as private and secluded as they had hoped for.
According to The Daily Beast, Harry and Meghan have complained to the local police about multiple drones flying over the property and they fear it could be a “terror threat.” In just the past month, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have reported no less than five drones flying over their home and they were flying as low as 20 feet.
Cost of this jobless, zero talent couple who claimed they would be "financially independent" is obscene. Utter hypocrites who rely on other people to give them multi-millions while pretending to be charity workers. They get more hand-outs than anybody.https://t.co/PVprpne6OS
— Tourre Bakahai (@TourreBakahai) May 26, 2020
“They see these drones coming in at them, and they guess that they are being operated by photographers, but they can’t just assume that,” revealed an insider. “Meghan received racist death threats at the time of her wedding, so the terror threat is very real for them. But, aside from that, imagine if you were in their shoes facing that, how that would feel? To have drones buzzing around 20 feet above your head when you are trying to play with your son?”
A spokesperson for the Los Angeles police department has confirmed that there are reports of “an ongoing drone issue” in the area.
The source added that the drones are just one of the factors in the “unimaginable” levels of intrusion that Meghan and Harry have faced since they moved into the $18 million Beverly Hills mansion that is owned by their friend, Tyler Perry. The insider explained that Harry and Meghan are followed and tailed every time they go out, and cars are “being driven very erratically” when the former royals are being followed and it leaves them “rattled.”
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are dealing with paparazzi drones flying over their backyard in L.A. pic.twitter.com/u5X1I6kRri
— ET Canada (@ETCanada) May 28, 2020
“They were out driving in the last month in Los Angeles and were noticed by paparazzi,” the friend said. “They were then tailed, followed and chased by two cars, which were being driven very erratically. When they parked up, one of the cars following them, which had been in an outer lane, cut across two lanes of traffic to park themselves. The photographer’s car was five meters away from causing a T-bone crash. It was incredibly dangerous, shocking and scary. They were rattled, but they handled it the best way they could.”
Of course, this is especially difficult for Harry, considering the fact that the paparazzi chased down his mother for years, and that relentless pursuit led to her death.
Harry and Meghan plan to hire their own personal security team, and the insider says that Prince Charles is not dishing out the cash for that. The source explained that the Duke and Duchess are not asking for any special treatment, and protecting their family is their top concern.
The insider complained that it feels like everyone forgets that Harry and Meghan are real people, and they have a real family. The couple is just asking for the safety and security everyone expects in their own homes to be respected.