Sex And The City actress Kristin Davis took to her Instagram yesterday, Friday, September 30th, to voice her dismay that the previously planned, Sex And The City 3, is now no longer under production.
In an Instagram post, she wrote, “I love to look back at the pictures from our long history of Sex And The City. I am incredibly lucky to have gotten to play Charlotte.”
On the 28th of September, her co-star, Sarah Jessica Parker confirmed the news that the movie will no longer hit theaters. Davis as well upheld the announcement saying it was “true that we are not going to be able to make a third film.”
According to Davis, who formerly played Charlotte on the legendary series, the creator of the show, Michael Patrick King, had already finished the screenplay for the anticipated third installment.
I love to look back at the pics from our LONG history of Sex and the City. I am incredibly lucky to have gotten to play Charlotte through all of her ups and downs ( epitomized in one of my favorite episodes here). It is true that we are not going to be able to make a 3rd film. I wish that we could have made the final chapter, on our own terms, to complete the stories of our characters. It is deeply frustrating not to able to share that chapter (beautifully written by MPK) with all of you. So we will just have our memories, but please know that all of the love and support for us through the years is felt by us and we are so grateful for all of you!SATC forever in our hearts ❤️?❤️?❤️?❤️?
She added that it was incredibly frustrating to hear the news that the film will not come to fruition. Parker previously said to Extra on Thursday that the follow-up to the successful Sex and The City 2 would not happen, she claimed, “It’s over.”
According to Sarah, it’s not only disappointing for the actresses and members of the cast and crew, but it’s a letdown for fans of the popular series and franchise as well.
As many are well aware of, Parker and Davis starred along with Kim Cattrall, and Cynthia Nixon from 1999 until 2004. They all took on the roles once again for the film installments. In a report from the Daily Mail on Friday, Wille Garson allegedly said it was due to Kim’s “outrageous demands” which caused the scrapping of the movie.