Kevin Spacey's Legal Troubles Are Over After Criminal Sexual Assault Case Dropped By Massachusetts DA

Kevin Spacey's Legal Troubles Are Over After Criminal Sexual Assault Case Dropped By Massachusetts DA
Credit: Source: CBSNews.com

According to a report from The Wrap, Kevin Spacey's criminal sexual assault case in Massachusetts was suddenly dropped, according to the District Attorney of Nantucket, Michael O'Keefe, today, Wednesday, July 17th. This comes after his civil suit was dropped as well.

Mr. Spacey was let go of all charges on account of the complainant's sudden unavailability. During a hearing last week, the 20-year-old man, who was 18 at the time of the incident, invoked his Fifth Amendment rights while at the pre-trial.

Alan Jackson, Kevin's attorney, asked the location of the young man's telephone which he used to send text messages to his friend during the alleged altercation. Kevin's lawyers stated that the complainant greatly exaggerated the incident and he deleted much of the self-incriminating messages as well.

The complainant said before the judge that he gave up all of the messages as he was asked, "I gave what I had available at the time. I did not manipulate any of that." Following a break, the accuser didn't want to testify any longer.

The judge on the stand stated that he doubted the case could continue if the young man refused to testify. Just a few days prior to the hearing, a civil case filed by the family was dropped as well because of the "emotional roller coaster" he was on.

Mitchell Garabedian said his client was experiencing a lot of negative emotions as a result of the trial. Today, the complainant's lawyer stated they have shown a "tremendous amount of courage" whilst in a very challenging situation.

A representative speaking on behalf of the formerly-celebrated actor refused to comment on the matter. Reportedly, while Kevin appears to have gotten off in the United States, he is now facing additional charges in London, the United Kingdom, for sexual harassment and assault while he was the director of the Old Vic Theatre for approximately 11 years.

Kevin is just one of many men to face accusations since the beginning of the #MeToo movement in 2017.

Read more about

Advertisement

You may also like

LEAVE A REPLY

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *