Kevin Hart Able To Get Up And Walk But Is Still In 'Excruciating Pain' Sources Say
According to a report from Page Six, Kevin Hart is able to walk again approximately one week after the car crash, but reports claim he's still in "excruciating pain." Tiffany Haddish, a very close friend of the stand-up comedian, said to reporters from Entertainment Tonight that Kevin was finally walking again.
Kevin was involved in a Los Angeles car crash last Sunday and is now preparing to undergo weeks of extensive rehabilitation. Sources who spoke with TMZ claimed that the star was in "excruciating pain" even though he tries to radiate positivity to his friends and family.
Moreover, the insiders stated that Kevin is on his feet, but his movements are slow and delicate. An additional source claims that his wife, Eniko Parrish, is unwilling to detail the information surrounding his recovery at the moment.
The source who spoke with reporters from Entertainment Tonight stated that she and Kevin are concerned with the public's reception of him; they don't want others to worry. Kevin has three fractured parts of his spine, and the injuries are serious.
Following the surgery, Kevin has been under heavy medication to manage the pain. As it was previously reported, Kevin's friend, Jared Black, 28-years-old, was driving their 1970 Plymouth Barracuda which Hart gave the nickname Menace. He bought it for himself as a birthday present.
The car veered off Mulholland Highway in Malibu Hills and blew through a wooden fence and fell into a gully around 1:00 am last Sunday night. The roof of the vehicle was completely crushed and the car was totaled.
Following the news of the crash, Dwayne Johnson took to his social media to say that he was glad to hear Kevin was still alive and doing well. Paraphrasing Mr. Johnson, the Jumanji star said he and Kevin had a lot more laughing to do.
Jared Black's fiancée, Rebecca Broxterman, was also in the car at the time of the crash. In combination with the news of the crash, Hart has had a difficult year after his departure from Oscar hosting duties due to unearthed tweets which some found offensive.