The coroner has confirmed that the cause of Jackson Odell’s death was an overdose. The 20-year-old star best known for his role in The Goldbergs and his internet presence was found dead in a sober living facility two months ago.
The Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office announced today, E! News reports, that the young actor suffered an accidental overdose, dying of ‘acute heroin and cocaine toxicity.’
As you may remember, not too long after his tragic death was announced, the department initially told the news outlet that his latest drug test had been clean.
Odell had a history of being addicted to heroin.
At the scene, there were no drugs, but he was found unresponsive back in June at the sober facility where he was getting help.
On June 10, his family released the following statement: ‘The Odell family’s lost a beloved son and brother, Jackson Odell…He’ll always be a shining light and a loving and talented soul. He had much more to share. Our family will always carry the truth forward. Our wish is that the rest of the world who knew and who loved him does as well.’
A fellow star that reacted to the tragic passing was Ariel Winter who posted: ‘Devastated to hear about the passing of Jackson Odell. I knew him since we were 12 and he even appeared in an episode of Modern Family. We did not talk much as we entered into our high school years, but I am glad that I got to spend time with him before his end. Very hard for me to hear about anyone passing away, but someone so young really saddens me. Sending love to his family and friends.’