Donald Trump is back peddling on the integrity of the 2005 Access Hollywood tape that nearly lost him the 2016 Presidential election. During the infamous footage, Trump bragged about hypothetically groping women while speaking with Billy Bush.
In a report published by The New York Times, the organization stated that the President allegedly said to senator earlier in the year that the audio recording was inauthentic. At a later date, he apparently made the same claim to another adviser.
However, in 2016, after the release of the tape, Trump said the voice did belong to him. The recording released last year contained audio of the former host of The Apprentice bragging to Billy Bush about his sexual conquests.
Wow, even I didn’t realize we did so much. Wish the Fake News would report! Thank you. https://t.co/ApVbu2b0Jd
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 25, 2017
While referring to his prior co-host Nancy O’Dell – Trump said that he tried to seduce her and failed. Furthermore, Trump made comments about the actress, Arianne Zucker, and mentioned that he could use his status as a celebrity to make aggressive sexual moves on women.
Trump said he could do anything to women including grabbing them by the genitals. After the tape hit the mainstream media, Trump said it was “merely locker room talk” despite the widespread condemnation of his words by the general public.
As a result of his comments, women took to the streets for the Women’s March to protest Trump’s remarks.
Since then, several women have come forward claiming that the President made sexual advances toward them. As you may know, Trump is just one of many men to be accused of sexual misconduct in recent months after a cascade of assault and harassment allegations came out following the Harvey Weinstein-scandal.