Catherine Zeta-Jones Is Heartbroken Over Misconduct Allegations Against Michael Douglas

Catherine Zeta-Jones Is Heartbroken Over Misconduct Allegations Against Michael Douglas
Credit: Source: EOnline.com

Catherine Zeta-Jones said she was devastated to hear that her husband, Michael Douglas, had been accused of sexual misconduct. The actress said to reporters for The Times Of London on Sunday, "my children and I were profoundly devastated by those allegations."

Jones said she was "torn" regarding where her morals ultimately lie. Catherine said she spoke with Michael with their kids in the room, warning him that if more accusations came out, he was in big trouble.

According to journalist Susan Braudy, Douglas, 74-years-old, masturbated in front of her during a meeting in the late 1980s when she was an employee for his production company.

Douglas said to reporters from Deadline, however, that the allegations were a complete fabrication and there was no truth to it whatsoever. At the time, Douglas admitted that he worried about the effect on his kids.

For instance, when they go to school, dealing with other children who are aware of the allegations is a difficult experience for them, leading to humiliation and bullying at its most extreme.

Jones went on to say she was completely "bewildered" as to why they have come out a whopping 32 years later. As fans of the couple know, they've been married since 2000.

Currently, they have two children, Dylan, 17-years-old, and a daughter, Carys, 15-years-old. Douglas has another child with Diandra Luker named Cameron, 39.

His marriage to Luker lasted twenty-three years from 1977 all the way until 2000. Zeta-Jones is a supporter of the #MeToo movement as well, adding that Douglas told her there was simply "no story."

According to Michael, the allegations aren't credible in any way shape or form, and that hurts the integrity of the movement. Douglas went on to say that he acknowledged there were often "inappropriate" conversations in the workplace, but it was never "hostile."

Douglas added that "coarse language or overheard private conversations" hardly constitute sexual harassment. Douglas is just one many of man to face such accusation over the last year since the #MeToo first began with Harvey Weinstein.

Advertisement

You may also like

LEAVE A REPLY

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *