According to a report from Time.com, Cardi B had to reschedule a concert in Indianapolis for what police described as a threat to the Grammy Award-winner. On her Twitter and IG accounts, the star said sorry to her fans and revealed why she had to cancel the show.
She wrote, “My safety and your safety first.” Neé Belcalis Almanzar, Cardi B had rehearsed at Bankers Life Fieldhouse earlier in the week. The security personnel told Cardi B fans while they were in line on Tuesday night, and the Indianapolis police said the investigation is currently ongoing.
On their Twitter account, the police department stated there was a threat to the artist. Bankers Life Fieldhouse said in their statement that the show was postponed due to “circumstances” outside of anyone’s control, and it was scheduled for the 11th of September, ironically, the date of the 9/11 attacks.
Threats to concert venues and entertainers have become serious business in the last few years, with the rise in publicity surrounding school shootings and other acts of violence.
Ariana Grande’s concert in Manchester, the United Kingdom in 2017 is perhaps the biggest case of this, next to the Las Vegas shootings at the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival in the same year.
View this post on Instagram
Dear Indiana I just want to let you know I was in the venue today .I rehearsed and started doing glam.Due to a security threat that is under investigation the show was canceled.My safety and your safety first .I want to thank the promoters we have already rescheduled the show. Im so sorry guys I never dealt with a situation like this before and I’m not taking any chances.I love you guys ❤️❤️.
In past interviews, Ariana Grande stated that it took a long time for her to recover from the incident, on account of the fact it was at her concert, shortly after she got off stage. The Route 91 Harvest Music Festival incident, however, set the record for the worst mass shooting in the history of the United States.
Approximately 58 people were killed and another 400 were wounded. To this day, authorities don’t know why the 64-year-old, Stephen Paddock, shot and killed nearly sixty people.
After the Las Vegas shooting, ISIS claimed responsibility for the attacks, however, United States law enforcement say they have discovered no links between the Islamic terrorist organization and Mr. Stephen Paddock.