Bobbi Kristina's Boyfriend Nick Gordon's Cause Of Death Revealed
Nick Gordon , the boyfriend of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown’s daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown, died from a heroin overdose, according to a report obtained by TMZ . Gordon was in cardiac arrest when he was found in a Florida hotel room on New Year’s Day, and he died at Altamonte Springs Hospital seven hours later.
The autopsy and toxicology report reveals that the 30-year-old Gordon had traces of Narcan in his system, which is a drug that paramedics use to counteract an opiate overdose. Caffeine, morphine and naloxone were also found.
First responders were called after Gordon was found unresponsive in his room at the Sheraton Hotel in a suburb of Orlando. The person who called 911 reported that Gordon had “black stuff” coming from his mouth, which indicated an opiate overdose.
"My heart is heavy today after learning that my long time client Nick Gordon died at the young age of thirty,” said Gordon’s attorney at the time of his client’s death. “While I cannot speak to the specific circumstances of his death, I can say that it's been truly heartbreaking to have witnessed first hand the total devastation that drug addiction has wreaked upon a group of young friends, all of whom were loved and had immense potential."
Gordon died almost five years after Bobbi Kristina passed away. The 22-year-old was found face-down and submerged in a bathtub of a Georgia apartment, and she died after spending six months in a coma.
According to the autopsy performed on Bobbi Kristina, she had “morphine, cocaine, alcohol, and prescription drugs” in her body when she died. The medical examiner was not able to determine if her death was an accident, or if someone was responsible. Police did investigate Gordon, but he was never charged with a crime.
The Fulton County, Georgia district attorney issued a statement after Gordon’s death, saying that in light of his passing, they will make an assessment in terms of how to move forward with their investigation. The DA said that the office will make an announcement about their decision when it’s appropriate to do so.
Whitney Houston was also found dead in a bathtub inside her hotel room in February 2012 where she drowned after using narcotics. The legendary singer was found with a “small spoon with a white crystal-like substance in it and a rolled-up piece of white paper” near her in the bathroom. At the time, officers said that some people “use a spoon for cocaine administration.”