Bachelorette Star Chad Johnson's Motion In Sexual Harassment Suit Allowed
Chad Johnson won the first round in a sexual harassment lawsuit he brought against a film industry exec and a studio. Page Six says that Johnson filed a suit against Cristina Cimino and Sunset Studios Entertainment LLC back in July of 2018.
Judge Mel Red Recana, on Thursday, allowed Johnson's motion for sexual harassment to pass through, including allegations that the company failed to prevent sexual harassment, fraud by intentional misrepresentation, as well as intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Attornies for the studio and Cimino weren't present for the court dispute which Johnson appears to be winning.
As fans of Johnson know, he appeared on The Bachelorette during the 12th season of 2016. He later starred in Bachelor in Paradise . Reportedly, Johnson was looking for film and TV work back in 2018, and the studio, including Cimino, contacted him through IG and said they could get him a job.
However, Johnson claims Cimino used her power in the industry to communicate with him on a regular basis to an inappropriate level. The reality star says that Cimino used her position to lure him to many in-person meetings, and she also called him many times and sent thousands of SMS messages.
As time passed, Johnson argued in the suit, Cimino became more and more sexual. He tried to ignore the sexual advances because he didn't want to offend her. The reality star wanted to be hired by the studio.
As her sexual advances intensified, Johnson told her to remain professional in their communications. Reportedly, she wrote up several employment offers for him, including two movies, however, when he denied her sexual advances, she rescinded both of the offers.
Chad was in the headlines earlier this year due to his alleged behavior on the set of The Bachelorette. The host of the series, Chris Harrison, reportedly kicked him off the show due to his "horrible behavior and violent tendencies," Suzy Kerr reported.
Chad also had a domestic dispute this year whose trial was put on hold due to the coronavirus.