While many stars expect to be constantly watched and scrutinized for their body or how they look, that doesn’t necessarily make it any easier. For some, discussing the ways and reasons why their body is changing makes dealing with that process a bit more manageable.
For Oscar-winning actress Anne Hathaway, who has been gaining weight for a new role, she wanted to be utterly transparent about her body changing and why.
In an effort to get out in front of anyone who began to body shame her or speculate that she was pregnant, Hathaway chose to address the issue head-on via a social media post.
The 35- year-old said she didn’t feel like dealing with pregnancy rumors. Which she actually finds ridiculous and doesn’t know why there is even “a storm to get ahead of” in this way. She and husband Adam Shulman have a son, Jonathan, who is 2.
But the actress is no stranger to being the subject of criticism and social media backlash. In fact, in 2012, when she won the Best Supporting Actress for her role in Les Miserables, many slammed her for seeming disingenuous and pretentious.
While Hathway feels largely misunderstood to that end, she does know and recognize that there are things about herself that she is working actively to change.
One of which is her anger issues. She has recently opened up about dealing with a history of rage.
She used to think that if she could manage to be kind and affable about 80% of the time, she was allowed the other 20% to be less than pleasant.
But she realized that once she moved away from unnecessary judgment and just dealt with her emotions, she wouldn’t need to think about anger that way.
Hathaway is clear that rage doesn’t lead to any type of peace and her primary goal in life is to live in a place of peace and equanimity.
The actress also joins an all-star stellar cast of women in the film Ocean’s 8, which opens in wide release June 8th.