50 Cent Says Jacob Blake’s Shooting Was "Attempted Murder," Nas Sends His “Prayers To Jacob And His Family"
Jacob Blake was shot last week on Sunday evening after confronting the police. The father of three was shot in the back at close range multiple times as he tried to enter his vehicle. Reports say that three of his children were in the car when the shooting took place.
“While we do not have all of the details yet, what we know for certain is that he is not the first Black man or person to have been shot or injured or mercilessly killed at the hands of individuals in law enforcement in our state or our country,” Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers stated on Sunday.
On Monday, Blake’s father stated that his son had eight holes in his body from the bullet wounds and that he is paralyzed from the waist down. Doctors said that they do not know yet whether Blake will be permanently paralyzed or not.
50 Cent did initially react to the video that was posted on Twitter. He reached out to his followers a few hours ago to express his feelings about the whole situation.
“🤦♂️if this wasn’t attempted murder, I have no idea what’s going on. 🤷🏽♂️” he wrote. 50 Cent ’s followers were as angered as the singer.
“As a white man you grow up thinking this type of stuff doesn’t really happen. You believe it’s just fantasy. You believe that because obviously being white comes with certain privileges. Thank god for iPhones and brave young men and women who record this stuff. This s**t has to stop. Lock these cops up. Lock up the cops who killed Breonna Taylor. BLACK LIVES MATTER. Get the strap.”
However, others had a different opinion. “If his son would have obeyed the orders the police gave him instead of saying he was getting a weapon out of his car he wouldn’t be paralyzed,” wrote someone, while another one argued that, “they tell him to stop, just stop, why he walked in the car?”
Nas also reached out to his fans on social media, saying: "Jacob Blake. Unarmed. Shot 7 times in the back. Coward s**t. Prayers to Jacob and his family."