21-Year-Old Rapper Lexii Alijai’s Cause Of Death Revealed
Lexii Alijai, the 21-year-old rapper from Minnesota, passed away earlier this year. Initially, it was unclear how the 21-year-old girl died, however, E! News has learned that the young star-to-be passed away from a concoction of fentanyl and alcohol.
The aforementioned outlet got their hands on the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s report, which concluded the star, who had previously worked with Kehlani, had died from the substances. Her death was ruled as accidental.
The granddaughter of the singer-songwriter, Roger Troutman, Alexis gained a significant following from her YouTube, Instagram, and SoundCloud. She later dropped her first record back in September 2017, Growing Pains.
As it was noted above, Alexis worked with Kehlani on a number of tracks, including the songs, “Jealous,” and “You Should Be Here,” the latter of which was nominated for a Grammy Award.
Lexii came from a long line of musicians and performing artists, including her father, Roger Lynch. The young rapper attended the Como Park Senior High School. After she lost interest in basketball, she started focusing on music and later transferred to a music school in Minnesota.
Before that, she was enrolled in an online school for music. Eventually, Alijai started pursuing a music career fully and began rapping over the beats of popular rappers and artists such as Drake, 2Pac, and Dej Loaf.
Followers of hip-hop culture know that Lexii isn’t the only one to pass away due to drug concoctions in the last three years. Mac Miller died in September of 2018 due to a mixture of substances as well, as did Lil’ Peep in the previous year.
The death of Mac Miller came as a huge shock to the music world, however, rumors persisted for months that his hard-partying lifestyle was taking a toll on him.
Later in 2019, the emo-trap singer, Juice WRLD, also died from similar causes after he fell into a seizure. On the 22nd of January, 2020, coroners confirmed that Juice WRLD died from a lethal combination of oxycodone and codeine.