According to Tom Arnold, he wasn’t actually trying to get into a fight with Mark Burnett at a pre-Emmys party in September. When he spoke with Mario Lopez from Extra on Tuesday, the 59-year-old Hollywood star dished on the altercation that caused him to file a battery report against Mark with the LAPD.
Tom says he was arriving at the party, and Mark was standing at the top of the stairs with all of his friends. Tom said, “you know, he was a special forces guy or something,” and he was “toughing it up.”
Tom claims he thought to himself that he wouldn’t be able to get into the party because Mark was mad about The Hunt For The Trump Tapes. People Magazine reached out to Burnett’s representatives but he declined.
Previously, Arnold was speaking ill of Mark, who he claims was doing everything in his power to protect Donald Trump, who supposedly was caught on tape saying the “N-word” while hosting The Apprentice in the late 2000’s. Tom has been trying to expose Trump, through obtaining a recording from Mark, who was a producer for the show.
As it was previously reported, Arnold has been working on his new series for Viceland for close to a year now. It’s called The Hunt For The Trump Tapes and it started on the 18th of September.
Supposedly, the very first episode revolves around Burnett. Arnold said that he “tried to avoid him,” but Burnett began choking him. Tom said the interaction was like “grade school.”
Fortunately, however, he was able to defend himself, Arnold explained. Following the altercation, Tom took to Twitter to say that “Mark Burnett just went apes” and choked him.
Burnett hasn’t spoken publicly about the whole ordeal, but his wife, Roma Downey, blamed Tom. Roma posted a picture of her bruised hand, insinuating that the harm done to her hand was a result of Tom trying to get into a fight with her husband.