After more than a year of dating, Southern Charm star Thomas Ravenel and Ashley Jacobs have called it quits. According to People Magazine, Jacobs broke the news this week with a teary Instagram Live video.
“I don’t want to comment, but there are just some things I’m trying to handle privately,” Jacobs said. “Before I say too much, I love Thomas, and I’ll always love Thomas. I’ll always care about him.”
The 33-year-old registered nurse also revealed that she is still trying to figure things out, but she is not working on getting back together with Ravenel. She said that everyone has been through a breakup, but it’s not easy, and sometimes you want to stay quiet and figure out your next move in life. Jacobs added that she is trying to take care of herself the best way that she can.
— All About The Tea ☕ (@AllAboutDaTea) August 15, 2018
Jacobs admitted that since the breakup she has started working out again and has gained ten pounds. She also said that she is ready for love again, and told her followers that if anyone knows some eligible bachelors, they should hook her up. She then said that she isn’t looking for a guy with money, just someone who will love her for her. Jacobs said that she works hard and won’t quit her job, and it has never been about the money.
Those comments seem to be a response to accusations that Jacobs was a gold digger who had been living off of Ravenel’s money and not working since she moved to South Carolina last year to be with him.
Jacobs and Ravenel’s split comes a little more than a week after reports started surfacing that the two had split after the season five Southern Charm reunion. Last month, they both deleted pics of each other from their Instagram accounts, but Jacobs claimed that they had decided to keep their relationship off of social media. However, she insisted that they were still together and “doing great.”
Earlier this week Ravenel said that he would not be returning to Southern Charm for season six amid a police investigation of sexual assault claims against him. Ravenel tweeted that he wasn’t going to do the show anymore because it is in his contract that producers can fictionalize his story. And, because they took advantage of him, he decided he had too much to lose, so he told them he wouldn’t be coming back.
It's honestly appalling for Thomas Ravenel to say that #SouthernCharm and #Bravo "took advantage" of him, neither one forced him to do the horrendous things that he did, and for him to try to play the victim in any way, shape or form is absolutely ludicrous! pic.twitter.com/RtMznSqF4H
— Vɪᴄᴛᴏʀɪᴀ ? #BB20 (@realityontrocks) August 14, 2018
Ravenel later deleted the tweet, and Bravo has yet to make an official statement about Ravenel’s future with the show.
Insiders say that the rest of the Southern Charm cast has ostracized the 55-year-old, and he no longer has friendships with them because of the sexual assault allegations and his treatment of his baby momma Kathryn Dennis this past season.
More sources confirm that it was not Thomas Ravenel’s decision to leave the show, instead he was actually fired by the production studio.
New episodes of Southern Charm will return to Bravo in 2019.