After cameras spotted Real Housewives of New York City star Bethenny Frankel packing on the PDA with Paul Bernon, her co-star Sonja Morgan says that she is happy that Frankel has found someone to hold hands with. In a new interview with Us Weekly, Morgan says that she doesn’t know if the new guy in Frankel’s life is a boyfriend, so fans will have to wait to find out the details from Frankel herself.
“I don’t want her to be alone, and being a divorced mom, it’s hard, because you’re there for your kid 100 percent or let’s say 99 percent, and then the other 1 percent of your time, you should have someone,” said Morgan.
View this post on Instagram
So much fun with #Bethenny at her jeans factory getting creative and laughing it up. Do you have a friend that cracks you up? Wearing @sonjabysonjamorgan top @skinnygirlbrand pleather jeans Leather jacket and jeans on B #SkinnyGirlBrand Swipe for more pics ?? #rhony @bravotv
The 54-year-old split from her husband, John Morgan, in 2006, and Frankel and her ex-husband, Jason Hoppy, called it quits in 2013 after three years of marriage. After their split, the Skinnygirl mogul was in an on again, off again relationship with her longtime friend Dennis Shields.
But, back in August, Shields died from an apparent drug overdose. And, Morgan said that she has “absolutely” been there for Frankel since Shields’ passing. Morgan said that everyone on RHONY has been there for Frankel. She added that Frankel has been through a lot, but all of them go through a lot. However, they are New Yorkers, and they have a lot of grit. Plus, they are independent, mothers, girlfriends, wives, and ex-wives.
Frankel documented the support of her co-stars during a trip earlier this month to Dorinda Medley’s house in the Berkshires, Massachusetts. Morgan, Luann de Lesseps, Ramona Singer, Tinsley Mortimer, and Barbara Kavovit were all in attendance for a night of dancing, drinks, and naked chefs cooking dinner.
In her Instagram Story, Frankel told fans that all of the women “needed” a night to have fun and let loose.
— Reality Blurb (@RealityBlurb) October 10, 2018
As for Frankel and her new man, she and Bernon appear to be happy and content together when cameras capture them strolling around town. We first saw them earlier this month locking lips in Boston. And then earlier this week, they enjoyed a date in New York.
After losing her best friend, partner, and business partner, Frankel was absolutely devastated. But, she is doing her best to move on and live her life because that is what you have to do. As an insider said, everyone experiences loss and all Bethenny Frankel can do is pick herself and go on.
New episodes of Real Housewives of New York City will return to Bravo in spring 2019.