The police took the Southern Charm star, Thomas Ravenel, into custody in Charleston on the 25th of September, Tuesday. The Charleston County Detention center revealed that the police arrested the 56-year-old reality star for second-degree assault and battery charges.
The police department claims Mr. Ravenel turned himself in around 9:00 am on Tuesday and claimed the arrest was ordered because of a warrant from January of 2015.
Reportedly, it isn’t clear as to precisely why he was arrested, but two women did accuse Thomas of sexual assault earlier in the year. As it was previously reported, Ashley Perkins claimed that Ravenel assaulted her mother, Debbie Holloway, back in December of 2015.
Thomas and Debbie met through the dating application, Tinder, and subsequently went out one evening. When she came home, Ashley claims her mother had bruises and red marks on her body.
On the 7th of May, Thomas and his lawyer vehemently denied the allegations, claiming that due to his fame and notoriety, he had become the victim of a smear campaign from someone with “dubious motivations.”
And another week later, Ravenel and his ex-girlfriend’s nanny, Dawn, accused Ravenel of assault as well. However, Thomas hasn’t addressed the allegations she made yet.
This isn’t the first time Ravenel has had problems with the authorities. Back in 2007, federal prosecutors convicted him of cocaine distribution charges and they sentenced him to approximately 10 months in prison.
He lost his job as the State’s Treasure and went to a rehab. After the assault allegations, Thomas lost his role on Southern Charm as well, however, on his own accord.
In a tweet, Thomas said that due to stipulations in his contract, they can “fictionalize your story.” The reality star explained he had “too much to lose” so he told them he wasn’t going to come back.