Paz de la Huerta – the actress and model – is now suing Harvey Weinstein claiming that he raped her not once, but twice. As a result of his actions, she claims, she lost a role on HBO’s Boardwalk Empire in which she starred for several episodes before eventually getting the ax.
Last year, De la Huerta was one of the many women who came forward with allegations regarding the disgraced Hollywood juggernaut. Other women to accuse Harvey of serious misconduct, and even rape, includes Asia Argento and Rose McGowan.
Previously, her charges were at the center of a New York investigation regarding Mr. Weinstein. Later, some of these charges were dropped.
In a civil suit filed today in the LA County Superior Court, the actress is also singling out the Four Seasons Beverly Hills, who she states was negligent by allowing someone like Harvey to rent out rooms for the sake of abusing women.
In a statement released on Tuesday, an attorney for Weinstein says her claims are bogus. Ben Brafman said that Harvey didn’t give her the job for other obvious reasons, notably, that she is “unstable.”
Brafman said she is an “unstable person with a vivid imagination.” Huerta claims Mr. Weinstein raped her in a hotel room in December 2010 after a party celebrating Blue Valentine, released by The Weinstein Company. The movie stars Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams.
View this post on Instagram
Wow and the hits just keep coming… According to the suit, once Weinstein got upstairs he threatened her career if she didn't have sex with him — and then raped Paz. She claims the 2nd incident went down on Dec. 23, 2010 … when Weinstein called her to say he'd be waiting outside her building when she got home. In the suit, Paz says she decided to confront him, and drank heavily on the way home … out of fear and depression. Paz de la Huerta is suing Harvey Weinstein for 2 alleged sexual assaults she says went down in 2010. The "Boardwalk Empire" star has previously gone public with the accusations, but she's now filed a lawsuit. In the docs, she recounts meeting Weinstein at an NYC movie premiere on Dec. 7, 2010. She claims he offered a ride home to her apartment, and insisted on coming in because he didn't want to discuss business in her very public lobby. The drinking is important because Paz says she was too wasted to consent to sex. She says when she got home and confronted him in the lobby, Weinstein "hushed her" and insisted on speaking in private … in her apartment. Once inside … she says he "again forced himself on [her] by performing unconsented vaginal intercourse through overpowering physical force." Paz says they saw each other again in 2011 in his Four Seasons hotel room in Bev Hills. In the suit, which her attorney Aaron Filler says he filed Monday, Paz says Weinstein opened his robe and exposed himself as soon as she entered. She claims he invited her to have a threesome with another naked woman in the room, but rejected him and left the room. Paz believes Weinstein retaliated by getting her fired from "Boardwalk Empire" — and estimates his actions have cost her $55 million in earnings over her career. She's suing him for assault, sexual battery and emotional distress. She's also going after the now-defunct TWC and the Four Seasons. #pazdelahuerta #harveyweinstein
According to the ex-model, Weinstein drove her home one night and insisted on coming to her apartment where he then raped her. And later that same month, Ms. Huerta claims he raped her again shortly before Christmas.
De la Huerta accused Harvey of coming to her house once again in New York and forcing himself on her property. She said he performed “unconsented vaginal intercourse” through his physicality.
In 2012, she lost her role on the show after a meeting between herself, Martin Scorsese, and Harvey Weinstein. Martin was an executive producer on the show at the time. Due to the date of her firing happening around the same time as the assault, Huerta believes Weinstein played a key role in this decision.