MTV’s The Challenge is back for its 31st season, premiering in January with a number of new players, including some from Big Brother and MTV U.K.’s Ex on the Beach and Geordie Shore. Of course, some fan favorites will return, including Johnny “Bananas” Devenanzio and Cara Maria Sorbello, but only one will come out on top and win the top prize that could exceed $500,000.
The Challenge: Vendetta will feature 28 players in Spain who are pursuing personal vendettas against one another. As MTV puts it, “The winners of each challenge will receive money for their individual bank accounts, but once players are eliminated, their money is added to the final prize pot.”
There will also be a major game twist this season, with players being awarded “grenades” after surviving an elimination round. This will give them the chance to get back at anyone in the house that they may have a vendetta against.
According to Entertainment Weekly, every player will be on their own and out for themselves, which means the heightening of drama, deception, and doubt. Players can steal an entire bank account from another or force another player to be shackled, so viewers can expect the competition to shake up this season.
In the trailer, it is revealed that T.J. Lavin is coming back as host, and as Devenanzio says, “I hope you wore protection, because this challenge is about to get hot.”
The list of 28 contestants includes:
- Sylvia Elsrode, Nicole Zanatta, Zach Nichols, Brad Fiorenza, Cory Wharton, Jemmye Carroll, Johnny Bananas, Kailah Casillas, Leroy Garrett, Marie Roda, Nicole Ramos, Shane Landrum, and Tony Raines from the Real World
- Alicia Wright, Britni Thornton, Devin Walker, Eddie Williams, Kam Williams, and Nelson Thomas from Are You the One?
- Victor Arroyo and Natalie Negrotti from Big Brother
- Cara Maria Sorbello from Fresh Meat
- Rogan O’Connor, Melissa Reeves, Kayleigh Morris, and Joss Mooney from Ex on the Beach
- Kyle Christie from Geordie Shore
- Veronica Portillo from Road Rules
The Challenge: Vendettas premieres January 2nd on MTV.