According to Spice Girls alum, Mel C, the British girl group won’t be taking the stage at the royal wedding. Celebrity Insider reported last week that Mel B insinuated the legendary pop stars would reunite for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s wedding, but it appears as though it’s not true.
According to Melanie, a letter – to her anyway – hasn’t been received yet. She added, it hasn’t “turned up” in the mail. The singer, while at The Prince’s Trust Awards on Tuesday, said “there’s been quite a lot of press interest there,” but it “hasn’t turned up yet.”
The singer joked that it must’ve been “all that snow,” implying adamant weather was the cause for the lack of an invitation so far.
Mel stated that Mel B was probably “joking,” and the media just ran with the concept, as exciting as it may be. As you may know, during an appearance on the set of The Real, the former Spice Girl claimed every member of the five-piece received an invitation.
When probed upon details of the request, Mel said there wouldn’t be any more information. She said, “I’m not saying any more, I’ve said enough!”
Sporty Spice went on to double down on the denial according to the British tabloid organization, The Sun. A source who spoke with the company stated there were no plans for a reunion at the wedding.
Mel explained she has met Prince Harry several times in the past and hasn’t gotten an invitation yet despite the fact Mel B claimed she got one.
Melanie Chisholm went on to say a concert at the royal wedding, or better yet, a performance at all is not to be expected, so their fans shouldn’t get their hopes up. Furthermore, Victoria Beckham also denied the rumors of an engagement, and so did David Beckham.