On Megyn Kelly Today, on Monday, October 23rd, the host revealed that she told the co-presidents at Fox News about Bill O’Reilly’s misconduct toward female employees in the workplace. She said, “Fox News was not exactly a friendly environment for harassment victims who wanted to report, in my experience.”
Additionally, Megyn stated that the claim from O’Reilly that no one ever complained about his behavior is false. In fact, Kelly said that is the case because she complained.
— TIME (@TIME) October 19, 2017
As you may already know, the revelation of her complaint comes after the New York Times reported that the 68-year-old former host of Fox News paid a $32 million settlement dealing with accusations of sexual harassment against legal analyst Lis Wiehl in January.
The organization renewed Bill’s contract despite the harassment settlement. Kelly – who worked for the network since 2004 until January of this year – said she sent an email to Bill Shine and Jack Abernethy about the behavior of Bill.
Also, her memoir, Settle For More, included an entire chapter about the sexual harassment she suffered from Fox CEO Roger Ailes.
In her email, the former Fox host stated that Bill and Roger’s behavior sends the wrong idea to women, the idea that they shouldn’t speak out against abusive men in authoritative positions.
She claimed that their behavior and attitude contributed to the “decade-long Ailes mess.” Additionally, Megyn said that the silencing, shaming, and threatening to women who claim men assault them needs to stop.
As you know by now, sexual harassment, intimidation, coercion, rape, and assault have become trending topics in the modern media landscape ever since the explosive allegations against Jian Ghomeshi, Bill Cosby, and Harvey Weinstein. Since then, more women have accused people like director James Toback of harassment.