The Late Show with Stephen Colbert will not air their recorded interview with Jeremy Piven after Ariane Bellamar accused him of sexually assaulting her. In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, a spokesman for the company said Piven’s interview for Friday’s broadcast would not air, and they are “replacing that segment with a new guest.”
Executives from The Late Show scheduled Piven to promote CBS’s drama, Wisdom of the Crowd. Actress and former reality star, Ariane Bellamar, said on October 30th in a tweet that Piven groped her several times and made inappropriate comments.
She said in her tweet, “remember when you cornered me in your trailer on the #Entourage set? Remember grabbing my boobies on the couch without asking?”
Bellamar continued by stating she tried to leave and Piven “grabbed” her a*s and looked at himself in the mirror and said they “made a beautiful couple” together. She finished off her tweet with the hashtag, “#MeToo.”
Piven addressed the accusations in a statement to Us Weekly stating that he “unequivocally denies” the “appalling allegations” against him. He said they did not happen.
— Ariane Bellamar (@ArianeBellamar) November 2, 2017
Not only did he deny the allegations but Jeremy stated he hopes the false accusations against him don’t take away or “detract” from the stories of other women.
As for Jeremy’s canceled appearance on The Late Show, Bellamar thanked Stephen in a tweet which stated, “thank you @StephenAtHome for being one of the good dudes.”
As you may already know, sexual assault is now a serious topic in the media ever since the allegations against Harvey Weinstein hit the mainstream news.
Since then, many other men faced charges including the most recent scandal against Kevin Spacey where he allegedly made a pass at a 14-year-old boy over thirty years ago. Since then, Netflix canceled “House Of Cards.”