Jeff Franklin finally broke his silence last night following his departure from the set of Fuller House on Netflix. The creator, who also came up with the idea for the original, Full House, in 1987, took to Instagram on Wednesday night to update his fans on the tragic loss of his job.
Celebrity Insider reported yesterday that Franklin had to leave the set because of being verbally abusive as well bringing women to the studio among other impropriety.
Variety was the first publication to break the news when they revealed Warner Brothers’ statement which said he would no longer be working on the series with Netflix.
The 63-year-old used his Instagram post for a photo – which we have for you below – where the former producer can be seen with some of the other staff including its cast.
Franklin wished his former co-stars and acquaintances all the best in the future as well as his many fans. Franklin said he was “heartbroken to be leaving Fuller House.”
As you may know, Franklin was the subject of several complaints to the HR department who stated he would bring women he was dating to the set for small roles.
However, his attorney-at-law refused to comment on the matter. And while his departure is undoubtedly sad, Variety emphasized that Franklin had not been accused of directly harassing or being physically aggressive toward anyone.
A representative for the series stated the show had been renewed for another season, it’s fourth, on Netflix and production will resume as usual in the next few months.
A replacement for the creator and producer hasn’t been announced. As you may know, Franklin is just one man to lose his job due to allegations of misconduct in the last six months, with perhaps the most egregious being that of Harvey Weinstein, the now-disgraced producer.