Olivia Munn was the one to sound the alarm recently regarding William Wilder Striegel, the convicted sex offender who had a role in the reboot of The Predator franchise.
As a result of her actions, 20th Century Fox cut his scene right out of the movie, and many fans were elated at Olivia’s choice, while some of her co-stars were less pleased.
According to her co-star, Jake Busey, there could’ve been a better moment for bringing the news to light. “I think the timing could’ve been handled better,” the 47-year-old actor remarked.
While speaking with Us Weekly at Universal Studio’s Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights on Friday, the actor stated that it would’ve been better to speak out about Striegel a month after the movie came out.
Jake stated that it would’ve been more diplomatic and cost-effective to have the director and the studio enjoy their premiere rather than destroy the movie a year after filming finished and “ten years” after the incident.
“The director was in tears at the red carpet which is not really the way you want it to be,” Jake, the son of Gary Busey, explained. As it was previously reported, Striegel pleaded guilty in 2010 of attempting to seduce a 14-year-old girl into a sexual relationship with him over the internet.
Once the 38-year-old found out about William, she went to the studio and told them. Shane Black, the director of the film, apologized for putting William in the movie.
In a statement to the Los Angeles Times, the director said that he chose to help out a friend. Later on, Paige Carnes, the 14-year-old involved in the case who is now an adult, released a statement to the LA Times as well.
While many people on social media were supportive of Olivia’s decision, according to the actress, some of her co-stars weren’t happy that she sounded the alarm when she did.