On Thursday, Donald Trump Junior and Vanessa Trump appeared before the court for their separation. In March of this year, Vanessa filed for divorce from Donald Trump Junior after Donald supposedly cheated on her.
In a statement obtained by E! News, they wrote that they had decided to go their separate ways following “12 years of marriage.” Echoing his father, Donald Junior said he had “tremendous respect” for his wife, as she does for him, and they have five children together who will remain their main priority.
According to a report from The Associated Press, they stated that, initially, it was supposed to be an uncontested proceeding. However, on Thursday, they confirmed it is now contested.
The judge presiding over the case, Michael Katz, praised the couple for managing to make amends for the sake of their children. They walked into the courthouse together, an unlikely scenario for a pair in the middle of a divorce.
Katz added that Donald and Vanessa had managed to make their children their first priority. Katz remarked, “not everyone is able to do that,” in reference to what would’ve been an “invasive litigation process.”
The Associated Press claims that Donald Junior’s lawyer, Norman Haller, said, “we have between us resolved most of the financial issues.”
Ever since they broke up, Vanessa and Donald have managed to put on a fairly happy looking front. It’s most likely done out of a need for professionalism, due to the fact there are enough problems within the Trump family at the moment.
Earlier in the week, it was revealed that Ivanka Trump’s fashion brand had permanently shut down.
The president of the company, who took over for Ivanka while she holds public office as a senior adviser, told her 18 employees they would be shutting their doors for good. And Ivanka was supposed to come out and have a meeting with her workers as well.