Latest reports say that Demi Lovato suffered a near-fatal overdose after she smoked Oxycodone laced with Fentanyl. This is the very toxic mix that killed Prince and Lil Peep.
Demi was reportedly having a party at her Hollywood Hills home on July 24 when she allegedly phoned a drug dealer that she was using since April. This was reported by TMZ.
It seems that the dealer stopped by with two freebased Oxycodone on tin foil.
The horrible night took the darkest turn after Demi smoked the Oxycodone laced with fentanyl and went to bed. She began breathing heavily, and it seems that the drug dealer noticed that and fled her home.
Reports claim that the drug dealer had a history of purchasing dirty drugs from Mexico and Demi did not even know this.
After she was released from the hospital, Demi broke her silence with a lengthy note on Instagram.
‘I have always been transparent about my journey with addiction. What I’ve learned is that this illness is not something that disappears or fades with time. It is something I must continue to overcome and have not done yet,’ she wrote.
A significant number of celebrities offered their help and support for Demi and Ellen DeGeneres even offered her the beach house that she owns as a place of recovery for Demi. We do not know whether she accepted this or not.