According to Bella Thorne, she doesn’t want to have anything to do with the #MeToo movement following the revelation that Asia Argento allegedly had sex with a minor – an illicit act under California law. Earlier in the month, Asia countered Jimmy Bennett’s claim and said the young actor sexually assaulted her, rather than vice versa.
In response to all of this drama, the 20-year-old actress said, “I’m disgusted. No longer want to be apart of the #MeToo movement.” Bella added that Jimmy was “just a young kid,” and it’s “gross.”
According to the Disney actress, the #MeToo movement now has suddenly turned into “victim shaming.” If that’s what it’s about now, the actress remarked, she’s no “longer here for it.”
— BITCHIMBELLATHORNE (@bellathorne) September 5, 2018
As fans of Thorne know, she joined the crusade against sexual assault and harassment for a number of reasons. Primarily, Bella has dealt with her own version of abuse – suffering she endured until she was 14-years-old.
The star said at the time, “over and over I waited for it to stop, and finally, it did.” Regarding further updates to the Bennett case, TMZ announced on Wednesday that Jimmy was filing an official police report with the LA County Sheriff’s Department.
The claims against Jimmy from Asia are, according to Bennett’s lawyer, “an attack on my client’s character,” and they don’t have any relation to what actually happened on the 9th of May, 2013.
As it was previously reported, Asia was formerly one of the biggest voices in the #MeToo movement, especially in relation to the disgraced producer, Harvey Weinstein, whom she accused of rape.
However, it all turned for the worse for Asia after reports surfaced that she convinced her now-dead boyfriend, Anthony Bourdain, to pay Jimmy $380,000 for his silence. Unfortunately, Asia was photographed kissing other men approximately 8 months later, and Anthony killed himself four days after the photos were published.