Alexander Polinsky became a viral news story this week when Nicole Eggert appeared on CBS’ The Talk and co-host Sara Gilbert read a written statement he had sent to the show. Nicole and Alexander have filed police reports against Scott Baio, who was their co-star and director of the hit sitcom Charles in Charge. Nicole alleged she suffered sexual abuse by Baio, beginning when she was 14-years-old. In Alexander Polinsky’s statement, he alleged verbal, mental, and physical abuse while working on the show. He was 11-years-old when he started the series. Scott Baio has denied the allegations and says he is innocent form any wrongdoing. Sara Gilbert, who is also Alexander Polinsky’s close friend, broke down in tears while reading the statement describing the emotional pain and torment he endured working on the show.
In a message shared on Twitter, Alexander Polinsky thanked Sara Gilbert and the co-hosts of The Talk for providing an outlet to share their stories. While Alex has yet to do any personal interviews regarding the abuse he alleges happened, he has submitted statements to Megyn Kelly Today and The Talk.
His statement to Megyn Kelly was in support of Nicole but did not go into his own personal story as he did with The Talk.
Video footage from the interview with Nicole Eggert and the statement by Alexander Polinsky quickly drew media and public attention and became one of YouTube’s top trending videos.
Getting to express your story and past pain has great healing magic. It’s not fun, but it is liberating. Thanks to @THEsaragilbert and the rest of the ladies on @TheTalkCBS for having @NicoleEggert on the show! 🔥❤️ pic.twitter.com/5QdB93ORfP
— Alexander Polinsky (@Alex_Polinsky) February 8, 2018
Nicole Eggert has announced she is starting a foundation to help other women who have gone through similar experiences. She has launched the hashtag #TakeMyHand2Day and has asked the public to wait as she will soon unveil details regarding her organization.
Scott Baio hasn’t released a public statement since Nicole Eggert appeared on The Talk and Sara Gilbert read Alexander Polinsky’s statement.
Previously, he encouraged the two to file a police report after issuing cease and desist orders when they began speaking out on social media.
On February 6, 2018, Alexander Polinsky and Nicole Eggert filed police reports together against Scott Baio. Eggert says that in addition to Polinsky, there are more than 10 witnesses who have come forward.