Aaron Carter is finally being shipped off to a facility that can help him! The publication, E! News, reported that the 29-year-old singer and brother of former Backstreet Boy, Nick Carter, has entered a facility for mental health.
A representative for Carter, Steve Honig, released a statement to E! News that stated, “Aaron has decided to get into a facility to improve his health,” as well as his overall wellbeing.
The report continued, saying, “he is going to do this privately and focus all of his attention on being the best performer and person.” The singer claimed he was grateful for the support received by fans and looks forward to getting well for the future.
Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.
— Aaron Carter (@aaroncarter) September 22, 2017
On Thursday, the police went to Carter’s home in Florida to do a “wellness check,” which means when authorities check for the physical and mental status of a patient or victim.
A spokesperson for the police in St. Petersburg said to E! News that everything was fine and no one needed any help from police or healthcare workers.
Aaron’s reputation came under scrutiny just this past July when his mental and physical struggles came to light regarding his sexuality, as well as his conviction for driving under the influence and marijuana possession.
According to Carter, he thinks the authorities were coming after him to keep him from being famous.
According to the publication, E! News, Carter claimed he wanted to participate in a “lie detector test” and had plans to call a lawyer. In September, E! learned that a call had been made regarding a “suicide attempt” which was at Carter’s residence.
Police went to his house but found no one was there. The documents obtained by the organization allege Carter had threated to commit suicide with Xanax – an anti-anxiety medication. When the police arrived, they said the doors were locked, and no one was home. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Aaron as well as his family, friends, and fans.